While nearly every young player that starts the sport dreams of the day that they have the opportunity to put on a collegiate jersey, very few - less than 5% of total players - ever accomplish that goal. At FC Wisconsin, nearly 90% of every graduating class in the club's history has moved on to college soccer, and the class of 2017 is no different.
The FC Wisconsin Class of 2017 will be sending players to 3 of the Power 5 Conferences, and 10 Conferences overall. As a member of the ECNL, these FC Wisconsin players are part of the more than 1,300 graduating seniors in the ECNL Class of 2017 moving to college soccer - showing the unmatched and unprecedented quality and strength of the ECNL and its clubs.
Some of the FC Wisconsin graduating seniors shared their thoughts on this process, and their time in the club:
- Andrea Lopez: FC Wisconsin has not only helped me prepare for college soccer but has really influenced the person I am today. It has taught me the value of hard work and to constantly push myself to overcome difficulties so that I can continue to grow. I've learned what it means to be proud of the club, but also the responsability that comes with it. FC Wisconsin has been the most challenging and rewarding experience of my life.
- Taylor Tabbert: FC Wisconsin and playing in the ECNL has prepared me for college soccer by providing a competitive environment where I have been pushed to my physical and mental limits. Not only have I furthered my technical ability in this environment, but I have became tactically more aware of the game. But most importantly, if there was one thing I had to take away from this club, it would be you have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Jen Wandt: FC Wisconsin has helped me because we trained at such an intense level, so I feel ready for the speed of college soccer! It also helped me branch out and try to be a leader which I think will help a lot in college.
- Madeline Hoitink: FC Wisconsin provides an atmosphere like no other. Every single day I felt challenged by my coaches and other players. Being in this program since its beginning has taught me to appreciate the game more and has allowed me to test myself against the very best players in the country. I can honestly say that I would not have my opportunity at Cornell if it weren't for this program and the ECNL.
- Kristina Barczak: FC Wisconsin has helped prepare me by providing me with the leadership and work ethic skills essential to performing well on the field. It has instilled in me a drive to succeed and constantly push myself out of my comfort zone so that I am constantly stretching my limits mentally and physically. This club has grown me into the strong and resilient person that I am today and that I don't know if I would have become if not for my involvement in this club.
- Taylor Kerwin: FC Wisconsin has taught me what it really means to work hard, be apart of a team, and push yourself out of your comfort zone. The club not only prepared me for next level soccer but has also prepared me for how to succeed in life, teaching us the important of communication, how to work in a group, importance of thinking outside the box, selflessness and commitment, just to name a few.